Pediatric Cardiac Intensive Care Society (PCICS)
PCICS was formed to provide an international professional forum for promoting excellence in pediatric cardiac critical care. The founders of the society launched our inaugural membership campaign in 2003. By the end of 2005, we had held our first symposium. We have grown to more than 500 members in 12 nations. Our members are healthcare professionals dedicated to promoting scientific inquiry, acquiring knowledge and improving practice for our critically ill pediatric patients with congenital and acquired heart disease.
We strive to:
- Support, encourage and promote excellence in clinical care and research in the field of pediatric cardiac critical care,
- Encourage collegial relationships among pediatric sub-specialists and the interprofessional team,
- Improve the level of care of neonatal, pediatric and adult patients with congenital heart disease, pediatric patients with acquired cardiovascular disease and pediatric patients after cardiac surgery,
- Promote basic, translational, and clinical research related to pediatric patients in heart disease,
- Organize international scientific meetings,
- Facilitate links between complementary international and national professional colleges and societies, and
- Promote and disseminate related quality/safety and educational materials through established and developing communication technologies.