The International Pediatric Simulation Society (IPSS) is dedicated entirely to pediatric, perinatal and associated health care providers and organizations utilizing simulation-based education to improve care and safety for children.
IPSS has been established to promote and support multi-disciplinary simulation-based education, training and research in all subspecialties that care for infants and children. The Society organizes an annual meeting that brings together leaders in the field of pediatric simulation with educators, researchers and patient safety experts. The meeting – IPSSW – provides an opportunity to expand horizons, cross-fertilize ideas and promote excellence in education and investigative research.
IPSS Mission Statement: To inspire, grow and lead the global Pediatric Simulation community.
IPSS Vision Statement: The best healthcare for children and families.
- Reflect and empower the global pediatric and perinatal simulation community
- Develop and sustain a dynamic community of practice for pediatric and perinatal simulation-based innovations, education, research and advocacy
- Support effective, safe, and efficient individual, team and system improvements
- Promote innovation for implementation and dissemination of pediatric simulation networks
- With a unique focus on pediatric and perinatal healthcare, complement and enhance efforts of other organizations
- Champion solutions for resource limited environments